Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Golding Institute - Sounds Of The San Francisco Adult Bookstores

This is a decidedly odd record.  I really have no idea why I purchased it.  It's a recording of San Francisco Adult Bookstores.  As a listening experience it's a bit rubbish but I still can't bear to throw it away. Maybe, one day, I'll donate it to my local charity shop.   I bet it will make someone very happy when when they find it.   There's a whole series of these discs including "Sounds Of The American Fast Food Restaurants" and "Sounds Of The International Airport Restrooms".  I bet they sound rubbish as well.  Oh, and I nearly forgot, this one came with a free tissue.  

2 comments:

said...

But let us hear it...

ahoi! said...

This is an early project by Gregg Turkington, who went on to become the comedian Neil Hamburger. As with a lot of his projects, concept comes above listenability. I've heard the "Sounds of the American Fast Food Restaurants" which, as I'm sure this one does, parodies "serious" ethnographic field recordings. File under comedy.